We're working to create an Arizona where housing stability is universal, and everyone has a safe, affordable place to call home.
As a collaborative association, we lead the efforts to end homelessness and advocate for safe, affordable homes for all Arizonans.
OUR HISTORY, OUR FUTURE
In the early 1990s, organizations seeking to end homelessness decided to work together to share knowledge and speak in a unified voice to bring more solutions to those who were impacted by homelessness. Over time, organizations focused on bringing more affordable housing to Arizona sought to amplify their efforts and began to collaborate as well. The Arizona Housing Coalition is now the largest housing stability advocacy organization in the state, with more than 200 member organizations, national partners and dedicated volunteers, all working together to provide every Arizonan with a safe, affordable place to call home.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
The Arizona Housing Coalition stands united in the effort to end injustice and vows to remain committed to efforts that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the homelessness and housing sector. Based on our data, we know Black, Indigenous and People of Color are significantly more likely to experience housing instability and homelessness as a result of historic inequities and structural racism that are deeply embedded within social policies that affect and impact life outcomes. We also know that inequities exist in access to shelter and a place to call home within other marginalized populations, including LGBTQ+ and the disability communities. Housing outcomes are interconnected with various social structures, including criminal justice, health, economic opportunity, employment and education. The Arizona Housing Coalition’s, Staff, Board and Members will advocate, educate and coordinate to address these disparities within our homeless response and housing systems, to deepen the understanding of how inequitable policies cross-sector impact the housing outcomes of Arizona’s residents.
The Arizona Housing Coalition is committed to:
- Advancing equitable solutions to housing and homelessness to promote a system whereby disparity in the experience of homelessness and in housing outcomes is eliminated.
- Ending inequities that exist within the systems that impact housing outcomes, to drive an end to homelessness.
- A collective statewide effort to eliminate l disparity through broadening awareness of social and racial injustice among our membership, by increasing collaboration and coalition building around equity issues and by adopting an equity framework across the three pillars of our work: Advocacy, Education and Coordination.
Our Values Guide Our Work
As a collaborative association, we lead the efforts to end homelessness and advocate for safe,
affordable homes for all Arizonans.
- Empathy: We understand the experiences and perspectives of our members, stakeholders, and
- Adaptability: We strive to proactively meet the changing needs of our members, stakeholders, and
- Growth: We cultivate an environment of innovation and learning, to challenge the current problems and
barriers facing our community.
- Integrity: We represent an organization built on respect, open-communication, fairness, and trust.
- Impact: We influence and transform to affect positive and measurable change.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Arizona Housing Coalition is led by its volunteer Board of Directors, a group of experts within their respective fields covering a wide range of talent from the private, public and nonprofit sectors across the state. Board Members have a fiduciary and governance responsibility to the organization and set the mission, vision and strategy of the organization. Many of our strongest leaders in affordable housing and ending homelessness are serving or have served on this distinguished board.
© 2019. Arizona Housing Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Federal Tax ID#: 86-0909029